Enrollment on a Satisfactory/No Credit Basis
A student in good standing may enroll in and receive credit for courses graded S to a limit of not more than one-third of the total units undertaken and passed in fulfillment of the undergraduate degree. This one-third will include Physical Education courses and those courses graded on an S/NC basis only. No upper division course may be taken on an S/NC basis to satisfy an upper division requirement without the approval of the adviser and the Chair of the department or interdepartmental group. (R1.2.2, R1.2.3)
A student may change from letter grading in a course to Satisfactory/No Credit (S/NC), or vice versa, until the end of the eighth week of instruction. (Am 23 May 91)