Units. A minimum of 180 units of academic work is required for graduation. Not more than six units of Physical Education activity courses or their equivalent may be counted toward the 180-unit requirement for the Bachelor's Degree. No 400 series or equivalent courses and no more than three courses in the 300 series or equivalent may be counted toward the 180-unit requirement. A maximum of 216 units is allowed toward the bachelor's degree. (See definition of these course categories in Senate Regulation 740) (En 4 Dec 2018)
English Composition: Students must demonstrate adequate proficiency in English composition by completing a one-year sequence of college- level instruction in English composition, with no grade lower than C as described in R6.1. (En 4 Dec 2018)
Concurrent Enrollment. Concurrent enrollment in any course offered by University Extension (including correspondence courses) or by other institutions is not permitted except by prior approval of the Chair of the student's program. (En 4 Dec 2018)
Senior Residence. Thirty-five of the final 45 units completed by each candidate prior to receiving the Degree of Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science must be earned in residence on the Riverside campus. No more than 18 of the 35 units may be completed in summer session courses on the Riverside campus. The minimum residence at the University of California required for a degree is three quarters. One of these may be completed in the summer session on the Riverside campus provided the student carries at least 12 units unless a reduced load is approved by the academic advisor and Chair of the student's program. Courses completed in the University of California Extension are not considered work in residence. (En 4 Dec 2018)
Filing of Candidacy. Students must declare their candidacy for the Bachelor's Degree with the Dean's office at the beginning of their final quarter in accordance with the dates published in the Schedule of Classes. (En 4 Dec 2018)
Honors. Honors with the Bachelor's Degree are awarded to students who complete their work at the University of California with distinction and meet the policies laid down by the Committee on Honors. Honors are granted at graduation as follows: honors, high honors, highest honors. (En 4 Dec 2018)