UC Riverside Academic Senate

Academic Senate Bylaws

« Back to Table of Contents

(Read full Graduate Division Regulations)

GR1.4 Credit by Examination

GR1.4.1 A student who wishes to have the privilege of examination for degree credit must be in residence and not on academic probation.

GR1.4.2 A student may take examinations for credit toward the Master's Degree in any University course for which he would get credit by taking the course by normal attendance, except that he may not secure credit by examination in graduate seminar and research courses.

GR1.4.3 Petition for credit by examination (available in the office of the registrar) should be approved in advance of the undertaking of the work. The approval of the departmental graduate adviser, the Dean of the Graduate Division, and the instructor who is appointed to give the examination, are necessary before the examination may be given.

GR1.4.4 The credit earned by examination may be applied toward the unit requirement for the Master's Degree but cannot be used to reduce the minimum residence requirement.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Department Information

Academic Senate Office
900 University Avenue
231 University Office Bldg
Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: (951) 827-5538
Fax: (951) 827-5545