UC Riverside Academic Senate

Academic Senate Bylaws

« Back to Table of Contents

(Read full Graduate Division Regulations)

GR2.2 Residence Requirements. The minimum required period of residence in the University is one academic year (3 quarters) of which two quarters must normally be spent at the University of California, Riverside. It is not always possible, however, to complete subject requirements within the minimum period of residence. A candidate for a higher degree is regarded as a student in residence in a regular term only if he/she is actually attending authorized University exercises amounting to at least one upper division or graduate course of four units or more; or four units of upper division and/or graduate work; or, in a six-week summer session, to at least two units of similar work for half a term's residence. In addition, up to 8 quarter units (or two courses if less than 8 units) of credit may be allowed for work taken elsewhere in graduate status in an institution of high standing, but these units cannot be used to reduce the minimum residence requirement or minimum requirement in graduate courses taken at this University. (Am 24 Jan 74)

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Department Information

Academic Senate Office
900 University Avenue
231 University Office Bldg
Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: (951) 827-5538
Fax: (951) 827-5545