UC Riverside Academic Senate

Academic Senate Bylaws

« Back to Table of Contents

(Read full Graduate Division Regulations)

GR4.2 Residence Requirement. The minimum residence requirement for the Ph.D. Degree is two years, one of which must be spent in continuous residence at the University of California, Riverside. Graduates of the University or other approved candidates may complete a part of their residence requirement elsewhere, subject to the approval of the Graduate Council. However, no graduate student may be recommended for the Ph.D. Degree except upon completing at least one year of residence at the University of California, Riverside, devoted to such a course of study as the Graduate Council regards as a proper year's work.

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Department Information

Academic Senate Office
900 University Avenue
231 University Office Bldg
Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: (951) 827-5538
Fax: (951) 827-5545